Friday, October 14, 2011

Cold Shock

I am really not used to this cold weather, yet. From what I hear this is nothing. Waking up it is about 30 and the highs have been in the mid to high 30's. I am learning how to dress in layers already. The girls are becoming the experts since they go out to recess each day... recess is indoors once the temperature hits -5f, a bit different than home.
Tonight is the night, I am going to join a curling league, Friday nights are the fun league nights. I am hoping that my years of bowling and shuffleboard will come in handy and I won't be a totally dork! :)
Jim is heading to warm weather on Sunday - he is going to a conference down in the LA area. He said he would skype us and show us how nice it is, I told him that would not be necessary :)
We are all settling in and the girls are really liking school. They offer a lot of options for them to take part in. They even get to go up to the Cananda Game Centre to swim during school hours. In the spring, they offer swim lessons that are during school hours! They are both taking French and learning a few words, I am sure they will be talking about us in French in no time- haha!
Love to All! Tara

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you! Keep us posted on the curling. I like that sport too! Wondering what the girls find to be different about school there. Are you able to purchase all the foods you are used to? Miss you! Janet

    ReplyDelete